Sept 7, 2018
Goat Day in Goat Town, Kecskemét, Hungary
On Saturday, August 25, we had celebrated Goat Day in Kecskemét. In Hungarian, kecske means goat, so Kecskemét means goat town.
The crowning moment of this day was attempting the world record for the most people drinking goat milk. We had 434 registered participants, but nearly 800 participated. Unfortunately, these extras were unable to register during the given time period. We had hoped to have 650 people drinking goat milk at the same time in the same place. It was still a huge crowd of people and we had a great time. We also organized several other events as part of this celebration:
- a presentation of goat breeds kept in Hungary;
- presentations about goats and goat products in human consumption;
- a goat cart race with obstacle course;
- a goat milk products competition; and
- a goat milk drinking competition.
Dr. Sándor Kukovics during his presentation
Goat cart race
Peak moment attempting the world record for goat milk drinking
July 30, 2018
A new book on goats is under preparation and edition. The book titled “Goats (Capra)”, will be published by the INTECH OPEN Publising Agency.
You’ll find the attachment with details below.
Should you be interested in writing a chapter for this book, please
– visit the website of the Publishing Agency / www.intechopen.com – Goats (Capra)
– and send an e-mail to the editor (Sándor Kukovics – firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Best regards, Sándor Kukovics, editor
July 2, 2018
edited by Sándor Kukovics